Veteran's Services

A Sincere Thank You for All Those Who Have Served or Are Serving Our Country

Dying for freedom isn’t the worst thing that can happen, being forgotten is.

- Tom Hanks

When a death occurs, the paperwork involved can be confusing and overwhelming. At Musselman Funeral Home & Cremation Services we will assist you in applying for any of the following Veterans Benefits: Burial Benefits, Burial in National Cemetery and VA Cemeteries.

Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?

We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.

We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served

Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.

We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Musselman Funeral Home & Cremation Services Inc. can:

  • Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits; including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate, a memorial marker or headstone,  and death certificates and a U.S. flag provided by the Veteran's Administration.
  • Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
  • Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
  • Apply for local county VA Benefits. These benefits vary county to county.

Who is Eligible?

In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:

  • Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
  • Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
  • Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
  • Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.

How do I establish veteran eligibility?

The DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, is the document used by the Department of Defense to establish a record of the members service and retirement, separation, or discharge from active duty in the Armed Forces.  If the DD Form 214 is not available, any discharge document showing other than dishonorable service can be used.  The DD Form 214 can be obtained by filing a Standard Form 180 and submitting it to:

            National Personnel Records Center(NPRC)
            9700 Page Blvd.
            St. Louis, MO 63132

The Standard Form 180 can be obtained from the National Records Center at:

Have you registered your World War Veteran on the World War II Memorial?

For a registration form please call Musselman Funeral Home & Cremation Services at (717) 763-7440 or visit